- About us
- Training articles
- Training videos
- Online classes
- minimal equipment: a mat to start with (and then access to dog-walk later on) and RC DVD
- minimal space: 15 m
- all levels welcome
January Running Contacts class, starting on January 10, is now open for registration! Most work is done with no equipment and just a mat: working on turns, soft turns, straight exits, and various handling before any DW work, so you don't need much room to start off.
Here are some graduation videos of dogs from the previous classes. I chose different sizes and only those who started from zero so you can see how far they got in less than 4 months:
The class is appropriate for total beginners (from 7 months old on), retrains from 2on2off and all who have running contacts already (even if not trained with a mat), but want to work on various exits or any other aspect of RC - all the feedback is completely individual, so all levels are welcome. I will also publish all the lessons right at the start of the class, so you can continue from wherever you currently are.
Minimum age for this class is 7 months and the minimum equipment is now just the DVD + a mat - like a towel or a doormat - and later on occasional access to a dog-walk, ideally one that can be lowered.
This class is 12 weeks long (+2 weeks of a catch up break in between) and starts on January 10, but you can register already now and then enter the classroom HERE.
Please note that only those who took this class with the SAME dog before qualify as repeaters!Please make sure your are registered and logged in before you proceed to paying with paypal - this will ensure you will get your correct access automatically.
|participant (includes a RC video download link) - 310 EUR / cca 330 USD|
|in case you already have the DVD, choose this participant option - 270 EUR / cca 280 USD|
|auditor/repeater/2nd dog - 230 EUR / cca 240 USD (DVD is not required for auditors, but is highly recommended)|
|June Tricks/Puppy class is now open for registration!!!!|
Silvia Trkman is known for bringing every dog, from her first dog on, to the very top of the sport. Her dogs are known for great speed, tight turns, running contacts and long and injury-free careers. Silvia is in agility since 1992 and is
– 3x World Champion (with two different dogs)
– 5x European Open winner, with 4 different dogs (Lo, La, Bu, Le)!!!
– National Championships podium and World Team member with every dog she’s ever had
– National Champion for 22-times (with 5 different dogs of 3 different breeds)
– World Team member for 19-times (mostly with at least two dogs at the time – sometimes four 🙂 )
silvia.trkman at gmail.com
Thanks, I will try again now
Hi, my name is Regine and I’m taking part in this course with one of my working cocker spaniels, “Merci”, who is 11 months old. Looking forward very much to it!! I can’t wait to see where we will end up 😛
Hi! Just to let you know this is not the classroom -- follow the link I sent in confirmation mail and post your introduction there. Thanks!
Hi Silvia ! I will love to participate to this class but I have some questions. I don’t really understand “long enough for two hits”, what’s mean hits ?
I don’t have a dog walk or a A frame unfortunately, I can use those of my agility club but just one per week (maybe 2 but not sure of that) and I don’t no if I will can use that who can adjust the level. I’m afraid to be limited.
What do you thinks ?
I watch the RC DVD, I thinks I have understand the “two hits”, but still in reflexion if it’s a good idea or not to take this class without dog walk ^^
If you could get two planks, each 3.6-3.8m long, and attach them in the middle, that should allow you to do most of the work at home -- and then just finish it up on real DW.
This is Bob Daigle with Lula. We were in RC Winter 2015. Lula is doing well now and I am considering giving the RC another try. She has a Running AF and 2o2o dog walk.
1. Should I consider retraining a Running Dog Walk and is it confusing for the dog?
2. My backyard is 72 feet long (22 meters) and about 25 feet wide (7.6 meters. If I purchase a dog walk, is that enough space for training your method?
3. How would I register (Beginner/alumni??)
I think that’s a great idea -- should be easy given how well she was running on that AF! You could keep 2on2off for collection exits as well -- not confusing at all. You can register as a repeater. You should have just enough space for DW yes.
i’d like to partecipate to this class for the second time with the same dog but in advanced level. What is the right option? Partecipant or repeater?
I will probably enter little Hopp again too, we still need to do some more advanced work 😉 Havent got many time to keep the practice going due to my job. is it ok if I kick in a little later? end of august?
Need to work on turns now.
She leaps sometimes, but gets these also: " rel="nofollow ugc">https://
No problem to join a little later! Looking forward to more of Hopp -- looks great already!
I consider to take part in your RC class with Peppino. But I have two questions:
1. How many trainings per week we have do to get a good result? I don´t have a Dogwalk at home. So for training I have to go to our agility Club. Because of my Job and my other dogs I can max. do this 2 times a week.
2. You wrote that the dog has to be 6 month. Peppino reach this age at the End of August. Do you think that he is to young? I don´t want to overstrain him.
1. It actually doesn’t matter, but of course, it can take a while to get there if not training regularly. Twice a week should probably do, but it would be great if you had a carpet or/and a plank at home as well, so you can do some more at home. Your club DW is probably not appropriate for flat use anyway.
2. Yes, that’s perfectly o.k. age to start, given he is small breed.
Im so sorry but I definitely didn’t register correctly.. I paid for the running contacts class BEFPRE I entered my username and stuff in. Sorry!! Can you fix it? Or is there a way for me to access the classroom now?
All fixed! 🙂
Hello Sylvia! My name is Silke and I come from Argentina and I am really interested teaching my border collie RCs!!! I am currently having vacations in Germany with my dog and I am back in Argentina at the beginning of September!Would you recommend me to buy a contact zone beep mat? In Argentina it will be impossible to get one. Thank you very much and hope to hear from you soon!!!! Best regards, Silke with Rala
It can help you with clicking… -- but it’s not essential to have it, you can just click yourself! 🙂 Enjoy your vacations!
Hi Sylvia -- I was planning to join this online class, but I will not be home to start training my dog until September…is that too late?
That’s o.k., the class is on till end of November anyway, so still lots of time to catch up.