- why: 10 positive side-effects of teaching tricks
- how: general explanation on how to teach whatever trick you want
- step by step instructions how to teach 10 tricks, from basic to advanced ones
- trouble shooting (dog not offering anything, dog not motivated, dog too excited, getting stuck somewhere etc.)
1. download the video - file is 800Mb big (2h on a 1.024Mbs line).
In case of problems with playing the video please try using the free VLC media player available at http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
2. DVD version (8 eur for shipping).
Can’t wait for this one so looking forward to it
I definitely can’t wait for this video
Not pressure….but we’re at the ende of August…the autumn is coming…. 🙂
Autumn is here and I check every day to see if you video is there. We can’t wait to see it here in Canada ! Do you think it will come out in octobre ?
Sorry, some major problems with my computer… So no, I’m afraid Tricks won’t be ready in October, we’re still trying to export Heeling… Hopefully, Tricks are out in November -- yeah, we have somewhat longer autumn here as in Canada 🙂
We can’t wait to see it here in Estonia too!:)
I’m really impressed with your work wand dedication, I’m sure this trick video will be amazing.
I cant wait for your tricks video to come out!;-))
I like your dog’s Doggles -- 100% UV protection sunglasses for dogs. I just got my dog a pair after looking long and hard for real sunglasses for dogs. Its a pity more people do not think of glasses for their dogs, especially in snow etc
I am so glad that I found your website ! Do you still think that your tricks video will be out in Novembre ? I can’t wait :-)),
Yes, should be out end of November! 🙂
Since I trust you so immensely, I would really like to know exactly how you prefer to train the weave entries so as not to decrease the drive for the weaves. Which of the following do you do ?
1) Use the 2 X 2 method of weave entry training ?
2) Click for correct weave entry and pay it right away even though it means stopping the dog after the first pole in order to put food in his mouth ?
3) Click while the dog enters and pay at the end of the poles (Maybe they know so much what the click means through trick training that they understand enough this way.. ?)
4) Set up many shorts sets of 4 poles in a row at different angles, click while the correct entry is happening and pay after the exit, therefore after the 4th pole
5) some other way I have not thought of ?
Could you also tell me which of these ways do you like least ?
I know that we should each find what works best for our dogs, but your experience is so great that I would find it very interesting to know what you feel works best for your dogs…
Thanks a lot,
I don’t know if I should use the RSS feed to ask this question or some other forum… thanks for telling me if that is the case.
5) I train every possible entry while sending them through an open channel, before they actually know to weave. By the time they know how to weave, they know all possible entries already and I never train them separately again, I just include it in courses and the reward for a found entry is going forward with the course.
I never tried any of the 4 other options you list, so I don’t want to judge them…