And it's out!!! The first RC DVD, Running contacts that make you smile, is now discontinued since mat work made things (especially various exits!) so much easier and reduced repetitions and the work on actual equipment so much that I think it just makes more sense to go this way.
The changes were done thanks to my puppy that can be a bit crazy at times, so I wanted to avoid doing real DW for as long as possible + avoid thrown and static toys as much as possible as she can be a bit wild picking those up! I've also made those changes because I like changes 🙂 , testing new things and improving things - LOTS of things were adjusted since 2002 when I started training RC - and many things changed since my first RC DVD came out as well, so it was certainly time for new DVD!
The major difference is that most work is done with no equipment and just a mat: working on turns, soft turns, straight exits and various handling after before any DW work. The rest all stays pretty much the same, just that it goes much faster that way as the dog knows how to hit at full speed in all possible exit scenarios already before adding the dog-walk into the picture. This way you:
- shorten the whole process by focusing on understanding right from the start
- limit the work on equipment to the minimum by teaching it all on just a mat - meaning very little work on actual dog-walk needed
- eliminate the tossed toy phase, replacing it with just handing the toy to a dog, so it's much easier on their bodies - but still allows you to work with lots of speed well before adding a dog-walk into the picture
The idea is still the same, just the order is reversed a bit and made friendlier to dogs' bodies and to people who don't have regular access to a dog-walk. A-frame is still for free - no training needed if you master DW first - DVD shows Ta's first and only AF session, with 100% hit rate. But we also address how to train just running AF if having a stopped DW.
The DVD is 1 hour long, plays everywhere in the world and can be shipped anywhere.
- DVD version (50 EUR cca. 58 USD + 5 euros for shipping)
Shipping is the same regardless of where we are sending and how many DVDs you’re ordering.
OR, you can decide for the download version, save on shipping and have it on your computer in less than an hour after ordering.
- Download version (50 EUR cca. 58 USD)
We recommend playing it with VLC or QuickTime player.